Friday, August 13, 2010

The night before a big adventure

So here it shall begin, one large adventure along the Great Adventure.  Really, getting ready for this semester in Namibia started over a year ago.  And through some trials, mishaps, and successes, here I am awaiting my dreaded alarm to go off at 3:30 tomorrow morning to begin the travel part of the semester.  I think the week before going is the worst, because I have no idea what it will be like when I step off the plane-and so now I wait.  But waiting has challenged me to take deep breaths, remember my blessings I have in family and friends, and continue to pray for peace, trust, and the courage to lay my hopes and fears at the feet of Christ.  Thank you for taking a moment to read this, mixing your adventures with mine.  Blessings on your day, and pray that the next post you read comes safely and with joy from Southern Africa!

3 comments:

  1. Blessings on your journey Ms. Sarah! You are inour prayers! xox Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sweet Pea - My favorite hymn verse at church today was "I'll never know how much it cost To see my sin upon that cross." # Now you are on the continent where people are believed to have lived first. Find any relatives and let me know! Hugs from Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - Nightline on ABC just had a great segment on a cheta preserve in Ojibraga (sp) Namibia. Dr Marker ( or is Barker?) from CA is the head of this place trying to breed the fast-disappearing cats that are relatively easy to tame, but are disappearing because they threaten farmers' stock. You would just love to visit this place! Hugs, Grandma

    ReplyDelete